Sibley Christian Church
In 1871 a group Sibley area residents met at the Sibley School to formally organize as the Sibley Christian Church. Rev. Marion D. Todd was the first minister. Rev. Todd appointed the first Board of Directors: Elders-Dr. M.M. Gilbert, H.C. Chiles, U.W. Haley, J.S. McMillan; Deacons- S.W. Hudson, C.S. McMillan, W.J. Brockman, Joseph E. Long; Trustees-S.W. Hudson, C.S. McMillan, John S. Walker. Through member donations a building was constructed on land (west of Hayes Park) obtained from George C. Sibley by Archibald Gamble in 1836. In 1888 property was set aside for a church in “New Sibley.” In May 1901 the new church was dedicated. Mrs. Nina Sheriff Pryor was the first to be baptized- previously baptisms were performed in the Missouri River. In 1945 a partial basement was dug, new hardwood floors, modern heat and lighting, new pews, a podium and a new communion table were added. In 1989 construction was completed with seven new classrooms and new restrooms.
Sibley Christian Church closed on March 27, 2011. It had been open for 140 years.
CLICK HERE for a list of the Ministers who served Sibley Christian Church.

The first communion set for Sibley Christian Church from when it opened in 1871. This is now on display in the Fort Osage Education Center.

The first Hymnal for Sibley Christian Church. This is now on display in the Fort Osage Education Center.
Saints Haven Restoration Branch now calls the church building home after purchasing it in 2012.




